Saturday, February 26, 2011

Butterfly.... butterfly....

"Left without a reason to stay... "







Well... I always loved tattoos... I always wanted one. When I finally made the first one... I wanted the second...
I choose to make a tattoo that really means something to me. I spent almost 2 years, thinking what could I do for my mother... I remember I was in Amterdam Caffee, one guy was improvising something at his saxophone... Ok, maybe I had drink a couple of vodkas... but at one point I had seen my tattoo... I was looking in one corner above, and I noticed some musical notes... That was the moment when I had decided that I'll get another tattoo... for my mother. A musical sheet - part of a musical sheet - of one of her songs. And then came the next question... Which song???? It had to be the most representative song for her. Finally I agreed on "Curcubeu" - which means Rainbow.

That's why I'm wearing on my shoulder a musical sheet with a rainbow above it.
The rainbow... not only the name of my mother's song... but the symbol of hope. My mother says is the bridge on which our souls are going into the better world... The connection between us and the spiritual world. There are many stories about rainbow, maybe someday I'll gather them.

The next stop... Butterfly... butterfly... My butterfly... Why?



The Butterfly is a symbol of change, joy and love, metamorphosis.The Greeks likened the butterfly’s constant flitting from flower to flower to the restlessness of the mind: constantly changing from subject to subject. And I also know that "psyche" means soul and many cultures associate butterflies with soul.
The symbol of the butterfly stands for freedom, fun and joyous times. It is also symbolises a state of naturalness and purity.
In some old cultures, butterflies symbolize rebirth into a new life after being inside a cocoon for a period of time...
I guess all of these can be my reasons for choosing a butterfly.



The beginning of my new life... The chapter that I just closed... The beauty of what will come... The fragility of soul... Freedom... Beauty... Truth... Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment