Friday, July 1, 2011

Friends

Once, long time ago, my mother had give me two little books. Through their pages you can only read those important fragments from greatest work of philosophers from all time. Probably in a lifetime, someone can manage to read all their work...

Aristotle is one of my favorites, just one of them, I have no idea how many I have! In one of his greatest work "Ethics", he talks among a lot of things, about friendship and he defines it: "FRIENDSHIP IS A SOUL IN TWO BODIES."
Let me tell you a story about friends...


Take "X" and "Y".

"X" goes to meet "Y". She tries to hide away everything that it's upsetting her, everything that is hurting her. She puts on a pair of reading glasses so she could hide away her eyes. She looks in the mirror, and thinks "It might work." She doesn't like to talk about her problems, she doesn't like to spread her fears and negativity. She doesn't like to share her pain. She walks on the streets with her head up, even if behind those glasses, tears are still being free.
She meet with "Y".
- Hello darling, how are you? Long time no see...
She needs a hug. "Z" is coming around...
-How are you? I didn't even recognize you! Come here you.... and "Z" hugs her. She doesn't want to let go of that hug. It feels so good, so safe... - What's going on? I sense you...
She pulls back and try to regain strength to hide her emotions.
-I'm OK. Just a little tired. Running around to meet someone so I can get her, and she lift up the cat basket that she's caring.
A whole conversation about cats starts, both of them, love cats. "Z" even ask her about getting a cat about a year ago...
Finally just her and her old friend.
-"What's going on? What have you done this time, you silly girl?!...
She likes that word. She knows that her friend knows she doesn't do things intentional. She doesn't wanna talk about it. This time, it's different.
-Talk with me! What's going on with you? Let me look at you.
- I fucked up, Y.
- I know darling, I can see.... What am I gonna do with you, you silly girl? Still in love with another sand bag?
-No. Not this time... She's struggling not to cry... Look, I don't wanna stay too long, I need to get home... Take her home and get to know each other...
- Where did you buy that cat?
- I did not buy it, I adopted her...
- Talk to you on phone, and see you soon, better than now... Promise me!

She remember that some time ago, someone told her, that friendship means sharing... She agrees, but still she doesn't wanna share negativity...

She left the place, went home and tried to smile looking at that innocent scared soul... She has someone to share her pain with... She starts to think again... Suddenly the silence in broken by the phone ring.... Another well known voice at the other end...
- You did not showed up at the party... Are you OK? Is something wrong? Do you need anything?...
- I'm OK, just a little bit sick. Just tired I guess, and I have a cat that I do not want to leave alone, now.
- If you wanna talk, give me a call, no matter the time...
She wish she could say something else... but in the same time she wants to carry this alone.... She doesn't want to be a burden for anybody else.
- Do not worry about me, I'm fine. Have fun!

Those who don't appreciate friendship... tear apart the Sun of the entire world...

No comments:

Post a Comment