Friday, July 15, 2011

Religion?

People ask me pretty often, why I don’t believe in God.

When I was a little girl my grandmother (my father’s mum – that is) used to drag me to the Church every Sunday. I never understood why people like to go in the pretty dark place, cold and smelling, to pray. Do you actually have to go to a Church in order to prove that you believe in God??? Of course you do. The CHURCH says so. The Church needs more money, and you make donations every time you go. The Priest – God’s hand on Earth I believe they like to be called – is standing in front and “sings” and reads from the Bible or Scriptures or whatever they are. But you have to listen, because you can’t read it yourself. Or can you??? Most of the people that I know are making a huge confusion: they believe in Church more that they actually believe in God.
What changed my mind? From going to Church every Sunday to not believe? I never liked Churches and I remember one night I was walking home with my father. I was about 7 years old and I asked him: “Daddy why is the Moon following us?”… We went home and he explained to me the Solar System. Since then, I started to look more often at the sky, and ask even more questions…

Shoot me if you must, but I don’t believe in either of them. My father, not a very religious man, made me read the Bible. And I did. How many of you believers actually had read the Bible??? I read it like any other book, exactly how my daddy told me to. I still don’t believe. I don’t believe that someone created humans from mud. I don’t believe that the world was created in 6 days. I don’t believe that someone is watching over every step that you take in life. Your step and all humankind’s and animals and everything else on this planet. If it’s a storm or tsunami or earthquake… you will say: “It is God will”. I do not believe that, not even in a hundred lives from now on. And I can go very far with this.
I believe that Church is the biggest lie ever. It’s a smart way to manipulate masses. Yes, we, as humans needed some rules. The Bible or Church or whatever, is providing those rules… You know… the Ten Commandments…   The basics of a society. Don’t kill, don’t steal and so on. It would have been a chaos without them, and we would live worse than animals… Well, we do anyway. I cannot believe that some guy stayed on a mountain and wrote those while God was telling him to.
I remember one psychologist ask me one time: “Which had occurred first? The mystic or the magic?”
Of course I answered The Magic. Why? This is my point of view…: Go back in time. Way back. You found yourself in let’s say a forest, hunting, right?  You have no knowledge at all, except that you need food and water and shelter in order to survive. Then, a storm comes out and you see the first time in your life a lightning. You are scared and hide under a tree, for example, and it makes you feel safe. You start to venerate that tree for protecting you. You start to venerate the sky and the lightning because it’s scares you. And so on. I believe that this is how The Mystic appeared in human’s existence. Humans discovered that there are so many greater forces than they have. It makes them scared so they start to “pray” for protection. Sacrifices. Believes. Gods. God. Church.

I’ll tell you what I believe in. The endless forces of Mother Earth. Sun. Science. Forces of the Universe.

If I’m not religious doesn’t make me lower than you. Or stupider. I am a spiritual being and I am a miracle. I breath, I think, I exist.
“Are you a human being having a spiritual experience? Or are you a spiritual being having a human experience?”

I am energy and I am influencing everything around me, in this life and after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment