Monday, July 4, 2011

Story

Time is passing by to slow for those who are waiting. To fast for those who are fearing. Time looks way to long for those who are suffering. And it looks way to short for those who are happy.




It's late in the night and I feel sad and lonely. I lighted some candles and some incense sticks. I look at my cat. She's peaceful. Dreaming in my bed. Sometimes I wish to be in her place. Isis - the name of a Goddess. The mother of all Gods. The Egyptians used to believe that sometimes when the Nile is swallowing it's because of Isis tears of sadness and love for her long lost husband, Osiris. "(She of the) Throne". A little smile in the corner of my lips. Why did she answer to this name? She like it. My Goddess.

I'm going to the bathroom to wash my face. I see my face in the mirror... and I remember what my grandfather used to tell me. Now I understand. "Sometimes, in the evening, a face appears and it watches us, from the depths of the mirror". And even if I don't have his blood through my veins... He was the greatest man that I ever knew. Loving and wise. Peaceful. I will never forget his eyes. I wish I could learned more from him. I wish I could listen to him, once more. He wrote to me one single letter, after I moved into the "Big City". I wasn't there when he closed his eyes, I wish I could told him how much he meant to me. I still read that letter... I memorized it...

"Dear Sandra,

With great joy I read your letter and I really liked what and how you wrote. You have the talent to bring sunshine and happiness to our hearts. Me? What can I write? nothing special, the usual route, school and your granny, then home and this is how days are passing.
You should know that I am missing you and I'm very sad that you are so far away. I'm glad that you are OK and please take care of yourself and listen to your mother.
Anything else will probably write your granny or Geta, I don't find words to pun down on paper, but with tears in my eyes I send you all my heart.
Many times when I'm crossing the hallway of the Art High School, in front of your classroom I stop and I remember all those days when we used to meet there. When you used to run to hug me.
I'm looking forward to the day when we're gonna see each other and please receive all my love with the hope that we will meet again, soon.

With lots of love, Nonu, kisses you. "

I never seen him again... I went once with my aunt to the cemetery to light a candle. I tried to find him again. I knew there was a walnut just near his grave. I found the walnut, but never could find his grave again. It felt like he did not want me there... I hugged the walnut and cried...

I wanted to tell you a different story, I guess I need a break now.

Listen to your elders! You will understand later, if not now. We have a saying "Who doesn't have elders, should go buy himself." You never know when you're gonna hear them again.

WE WILL MEET AGAIN! But not yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment